Thursday, April 24, 2014

this ones for the real men


this one is for my hero.
not the guy who throws touchdowns on sunday afternoons.
or the guy who beats up villains in tights.

no.

this is for the man who works 7-5 each day to put food on my table.
for the man who taught me a job worth doing is worth doing right.
for the man who told me a person is only as good as their word.

this one is for the man with the best beard in utah county.
for the man who taught me how to shoot guns and catch fish.
for the man who's always there for me to talk to.

this one is for the man who taught me how to land a right hook.
for the man who taught me how to truly love and respect a woman.
for the man who has come to every football, soccer & basketball game i've ever had.

this one is for my best friend.
for the man who taught me that real men cry.
for the man who sacrifices everything just to make us happy.

this one is for the man who got married at 19 to make sure i'd grow up with a father.

this one is for the man who i call Dad.

I love you man.

I hope I've made you proud.

-Lloyd.

6 comments:

  1. I wish you got to read this at SFYS.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful post. This really hit me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how simply put this is. The best way to tell someone you love them and care is just with a few words. This is perfect.

    Like Lexi I really wish you could have read last night.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ditto. This would've killed last night.

    ReplyDelete
  5. There is so much in that "no." It feels like the most gentle, yet heavy no. I hope someday I can be there to see you read your words.

    ReplyDelete