Thursday, September 13, 2018

again.

She left today.
But she said it wasn’t my fault.
The classic line that quickly slips from the lips of one,
And falls like dagger into the heart of another.

You could hear a pin drop in the driver’s seat,
As the sirens go off inside my mind.

It’s all too familiar.
Quick to trust.
Quick to love.

Only to have the bubble of my blonde haired future popped by the sharp reality that love only exists in the movies.

For what feels like the 100th time now I thought I found the one.
Vanilla lace fills my nose.
Her lips stole the breath from my chest.
And her smile was so bright that,
If we let it,
It could brighten the darkest of days in this world.

A 5’ 4” angel who hates olives and lasagna,
Came into my life and reminded me what it feels like to be happy.

And ask quickly as she came,
She left.
Haunted by the demons that pock mark her past,
It all was too much for her to handle.

And now i wait.
Praying she returns.
Hoping that one day we’ll be hand in hand again
While the cutest laugh I’ve heard echoes through my ears.

1 comment: