Thursday, September 13, 2018

i thought it’d get easier


I thought it’d get easier.

Late nights in the water.
Laughs shared between us and the stars.
Like ice - slowly melting away
I fade from your mind.

I thought it’d get easier.

Nostalgic visions of our hands clasped on the beach flood my senses.
It’s euphoric.
I can feel my heart begin to beat faster and faster.
Sweaty palms. Cold fingers.
Your breath on my neck is almost as real now as it was then -
But it’s not.

I’ve become an all too frequent victim of a vivid imagination.

I thought it’d get easier.

Perhaps I’m just naive.
Or maybe you really are just that “busy” -
And the man in my mind that’s whisking you away in his arms is just that -
In my mind.

It doesn’t get easier.

Because each time I catch feelings,
I’m more prone to catch them again.
And again.
And again.
Like a wave - I’m pulled from the shore and washed out in the excitement.
Floating.
Swimming.
The ocean seems to go on forever.
Yet, the smiles vanish as reality quickly comes back into view -
our wave of romance spits me up and leaves me back on the shore where i started.

It will never get easier.

Yet nothing worth having will ever come easy.

My only fear is that I don’t know how many more waves i can ride,
Until my heart finally breaks for good.




















1 comment:

  1. Yet, the smiles vanish as reality quickly comes back into view -
    our wave of romance spits me up and leaves me back on the shore where i started.

    same. rt.

    ReplyDelete