Sunday, November 3, 2013

make a wish

 
i wish i could pull my heart out of my chest and show you what you've done to it.
 
i wish i could tell you how i feel.
 
i wish you would forgive me.
 
i wish you would come back.
 
i wish you could know all the hours i spend thinking about you.
 
i wish i could see you one more time.
 
i wish you'd call me and say that you need me.
 
i wish i could hold you and keep you safe.
 
i wish i could take those last two words you said out of my mind.
 
i wish i would've tried harder to keep you from leaving.
 
i wish i could look into your eyes one more time.
 
i wish i could feel your lips against mine for just one more second.
 
i wish i could tell you i love you one more time.
 
i wish you could see this.
 
i wish i could put a gun to my head and make this all go away.
 
i wish i could get you off my mind.
 
but i can't.
 
 
-Lloyd.

4 comments:

  1. dude I freakin love it. Your writing is so simple but hits really hard.

    "i wish i could feel your lips against mine for just one more second."

    this line. Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This floored me. Damn.

    "i wish i could pull my heart out of my chest and show you what you've done to it."

    "i wish i could get you off my mind.

    but i can't."

    Don't ever stop. I just want more and more...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish, I wish, I wish.

    I might have to steal this idea for a writing prompt/ blog post/ etc.

    Like M.S. said....so simple. But sometimes the plainest things are the most powerful.

    "i wish i could take those last two words you said out of my mind."

    ReplyDelete
  4. I swear I commented on this already but I guess not. But yeah this was amazing. Great job pal

    ReplyDelete