Sunday, November 3, 2013

tears



I feel like my heart and my mind should have exploded by now.
the thoughts.
the emotions.
they just keep coming and building and I don't know what to do with them.
when I was young I used to cry and let all these feelings go.
but as I've grown older I've been told that this isn't acceptable behavior for guys.
so I trained myself to put my thoughts in a bottle, seal it with a cork, and throw it in the ocean.
but in quiet moments.
when I'm alone.
I shed a tear or two.
they burn as they roll down my cheeks.
and sting my lips with their saltiness.




-Lloyd.

6 comments:

  1. "they burn as they roll down my cheeks. and sting my lips with their saltiness."

    I hate crying in front of people, it makes me feel weak. It's so dumb how society tells us whats "acceptable." I say screw it.

    I really liked this post. I wish more guys were as honest as you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I don't know what to do with them."

    "they burn as they roll down my cheeks.
    and sting my lips with their saltiness."

    It's okay to cry...I do it too sometimes. And like Grace, I HATE crying in front of people. We're supposed to be strong, you know? And it's hard to put on a smile all the time. So just cry...

    This was amazing. I admire you so much, seriously. You're unstoppable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Damn. We both posted about tears and we both talked about the same stuff and yeah way to go pal.

    ReplyDelete
  4. #simple
    #plain
    #ordinary

    Much love.

    "I trained myself to put my thoughts in a bottle, seal it with a cork, and throw it in the ocean." #stolen

    ReplyDelete
  5. I, like you, have more cork-sealed bottles in the ocean than I'd like to.

    One day, I want to go swim out there, and find all the bottles I once rid myself of, and open all the bottles and embrace the consequences.

    Will you join me?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah, I may or may not really love you. Your voice is beautiful. Marry me?

    ReplyDelete